Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Little Tiny Hooks of Doom




I love the look of things made with crochet thread. And for some reason, it always seems like it would be easier because..well, it's smaller. I finished a semi-secret project (pictures later, maybe), and then decided to make some fun little accessories with crochet thread and a size 8 steel hook.

Owie.

Eight hours later, I have made one butterfly hairpin, a pair of bobble earrings that still need findings for, and a ring. Oh yeah, and my hand is temporarily clawed. Is it just me, or does using these hooks make you feel like a fumbling giant? It really does make using larger hooks seem so easy.

I did decide, after making these things, that a peach-colored ring kinda looks like a bandage from far away. But, it will be cute in other colors, so we have that, don't we? And just wait, I have a few more patterns up my sleeve for the shop.

Until next time, yahrrrn...

No comments:

Post a Comment