Sunday, January 16, 2011

All's Quiet on the Yarn Front


Post-holiday blah is affecting my hook.

It's not that I don't want to crochet, it's just that...I don't want to do anything. I started this super awesome, super hard project, and about a third of the way through, I just lost steam. I think the trouble is that I feel like I have to always be making something, so when the motivation is not there, I feel like I'm failing somehow. But I'm not failing, just taking a mental holiday.

Anywho, after the success of Craft Sabbath, I know I can bust out some new awesome items for the next one. For anyone who doesn't know, Craft Sabbath is this cool, unusual craft fair held the first Sunday of every month at the SLC Public Library. I won't be at the January one, but with any luck I'll be at the March show. I had a booth in December and it was a huge success!

Also, while I'm talking about other crafty things, I read this blog post from the Crochet Liberation Front that was like kick in the pants to get motivated again. You should read it-

Enjoy the day, make something lovely, and check back soon, because my goal is to share different tips, techniques, and other fun things every week. Today's picture is Lightning McQueen, who may have been the hardest thing I've ever crocheted. Until now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment