Thursday, June 16, 2011

Creating and Pondering


It's been an exciting couple of weeks on the yarn island. The amount of custom pieces is growing, along with my exposure. And, so lovely, as of Tuesday, Signed & Numbered in Salt Lake carries some of my yarny goodness. A big thanks to Shauna, the manager, for that one!
I'm still waiting- and by waiting, I mean checking my email every ten minutes- to hear if I have a spot at Craft Lake City for a second year. I already have a list of what I'm bringing. Yes, there will be gnomes...

Today is the first day of my mini-vacation, but I'm having trouble relaxing. It feels very strange to just sit here. I've poked around the intertubes, thought about teaching lessons again, and almost made a second, prettier list of what is going to Craft Lake. I seem to have forgotten how to do nothing.

Sigh...

For those of you (imaginary) readers who don't live around Salt Lake, there's a pretty good arts and crafts scene evolving here. I've been very surprised and humbled by some of the things I've seen. It makes me want to try harder. That being said, I'm bumping up against that big question that all artists and crafters come upon at some point- should I make this my main form of income? I can kind of see how it would look, what I would have to do, but I don't want to take that plunge on a "kind of."

I should come up with a business plan. Hey, isn't that kind of like a list? I like lists...
While you ponder my addiction to lists, turn your attention to today's picture- a blue and white baby owl, who you can pick up at Signed & Numbered on 21st and 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment