Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ten Days and Counting

Craft Lake City is ten days away.

I am currently crocheting through some massive hand issues. Who would have thought that crocheting for six weeks straight would mess you up? Geez. I have made, to date, 123 items for this event. My goal was 220, so I think, even though I won't make that goal, I've made a freaking lot.

I would like to take a moment for a rant.

I have been crocheting everywhere I have a spare moment, which has, obviously, attracted attention from quite a few people. The most common comment is "Oh, you knit?" Now I know I shouldn't bristle every time I hear this, because not everyone knows the difference, but I do. Here are some snarky comebacks I thought of, but didn't say.
"No, luckily for you only knitting uses the stabby needles."
"What? What is knitting?"
"This is a hook, fool."
"No. Will you teach me?"
"No I don't knit. Learn your yarn crafts!"

Okay, now I feel better. Maybe putting this out into the ether will rid of me of the need to snarl at people who say that.

On that note, please visit my booth for hook'd at Craft Lake City (in SLC) on August 14th, from 2-9pm, or I shall taunt you relentlessly.

Okay I won't. But please come anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment