Sunday, August 22, 2010

This Not Crocheting Thing

So I told everyone, after Craft Lake City, I'm not crocheting for a week. In this week, I made a pillbox hat and a little cat doll...

Needless to say, I don't possess the ability to stop crocheting.

This time, it wasn't my fault! I went to visit my parents, I didn't take yarn or hooks, and my mother presented me with a skein of yarn and a hook, telling me she wanted to try her hand at it, but decided it wasn't for her. I lasted a whole day avoiding it, but I knew there was yarn nearby, and I succumbed to it's call. I take my drugs in skeins, yo.

When we got home, I had a whole night to relax, and without a second thought, raided my stash and made a kitty.

So this pillbox hat turned out awesome, but I will need to make it again with a smaller hook and more than one color of yarn before I take a picture. I got the idea at Craft Lake City- I made these cute little round makeup bags with zipper openings, but for some reason, people shopping my booth kept trying to put them on their head, thinking they were pillbox hats. I would walk over, unzip it, and they would say "Ohhh!" like I had revealed some secret to life. To me they look like little pouches, but to the general public, they don't. That got me thinking that maybe I could make a cool pillbox hat, and now here we are.

Next on my list is taking pictures of the remaining pieces to post on my Etsy page. Make sure you check it out soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment